During this week you can fully concentrate on writing an article without the distraction of every day practice. The writing week will take place in a comfortable environment where you can spend the night. The presence of other PhD students will provide motivation, support and social contacts. Additionally, an English writing coach will guide us through the writing process with tips&tricks, feedback sessions and individual advice. Each participant will receive information on how to prepare.
|Monday||First lecture..||Free writing time + group discussion|
|Tuesday||Free writing time..||Hand in 2 pages to coach|
|Wednesday||Lecture..||Free writing time + group discussion|
|Friday||Individual coaching..||Closing lecture|
Would you like to develop your writing skills and improve your current paper for publication? Then pack your bag and save the date!
We work under the guidance of an experienced writing coach, Sören Johnson (www.johnsonlanguage.nl).
During this week, you will have time to work on your individual paper, we will follow writing skills lectures, and Sören will dedicate time for individual feedback based on your draft. You are expected to bring a draft of your paper or research results to work with.
You will earn 2 ECTS by following the whole programme.
To focus on writing without too many distractions the writing week takes place in Ommen, where the Wolfskuil provides both accommodation and a quit place to work. The address is Wolfskuil 15 in Ommen (https://www.wolfskuil.nl/nl).
The English writing coach and a new edition of the book “Getting it Across: a Guide to Effective Academic Writing” by Soren Johnson (included in course fee).
The whole week will cost € 575. Including:
- 4 days of accommodation, food and drinks
- personal feedback on your paper
- the book “Getting it Across: a Guide to Effective Academic Writing”.
- Up to 4 (four) weeks prior to the start of the course, cancellation is free of charge.
- Up to 2 (two) weeks prior to the start of the course, a fee of 50% of the full costs will be charged.
- In case of cancellation within two weeks prior to the start of the course, a fee of 100% of the full costs will be charged.
- If you do not show at all, a fee of 100% of the full costs and a fine of 100 euro will be charged.
To be announced
To be announced
Former occurrences of this course
30 Oct – 4 Nov 2017 | 2-6 Nov 2015 | 13-17 Apr 2015 | 3-7 Nov 2014 | 21-25 Oct 2013 | 29 Oct – 2 Nov 2012 | 31 Oct – 4 Nov 2011