The symposium features interactive and participant-driven unconference meetings to discuss various Socio-Economic and Natural Science research themes. Guest speakers will also cover various themes in-depth, there will the opportunity to present posters, and we will round the day off networking activities.
During an interactive unconference session, SENSE researchers get the opportunity to present their work and/or engage in interdisciplinary discussions about topics of interest to them. In this way, SENSE researchers will be able to gain and exchange scientific knowledge, as well as to network on the basis of themes identified by them.
During the second part of the SENSE symposium, informative presentations will be given by various guest speakers, and the day will conclude with a poster session, drinks and networking opportunities.
Do not miss out on taking part and broaden your network in an inspiring blend of interactive sessions and presentations, so please register now and note the date in your calendar.
More information about the SENSE symposium will follow. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your submissions.
09:00-09:30: Arrival, coffee & tea
09:30-09:55: Welcome and introductions
2. Unconference sessions (parallel)
1. Stop reinventing the wheel in inter- and transdisciplinary research
3. Biodiversity and ecosystem services
1. Circular economy
2. Land use change and its management
3. Modeling practices and opportunities
3. Poster presentations (SENSE A2 course)
11:30-12:30: SENSE A2 course poster presentations
12:30-13:25: Lunch break and displaying posters
4. Guest speaker sessions (parallel)
1. Jos Akkermans (Associate Professor, School of Business and Economics, Management and Organisation, VU) – Why you should not (only) focus on academic career success as a PhD candidate.
Slides Keynote Jos Akkermans
2. Alexander van Oudenhoven (Assistant professor, Centrum voor Milieuwetenschappen Leiden CML/Environmental Biology, LU) – Getting interdisciplinary research published – the editor’s perspective.
Slides keynote Alexander van Oudenhoven
1. Montserrat Prats Lopez (Assistant Professor Information Science and Management, Open University) and Rob Lemmens (Assistant Professor, Department of Geo-information Processing, TU Twente)– Are you ready for citizen science?
Slides keynote Montserrat Prats Lopez and Rob Lemmens
2. Marcus Konkol (Open Science Officer, Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation, ITC, University of Twente) – Open vs. closed science: Wanna bet that cooperation bets competition?
Slides keynote Marcus Konkol
Claudia Parra Paitan (Sustainability & Productivity Analyst at Olam; Sustainability researcher at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam) – Why the collaboration between scientists and companies matters for solving the global environmental catastrophe
16:20-16:45: Plenary wrap-up meeting
16:45-18:00: Networking and drinks
To attend the SENSE symposium, please register here. Registration deadline is 24 May 2022, 9.00 AM.
IMPORTANT: Participation is free of charge. However, if you are unable to attend and do not cancel your attendance at least one week in advance, your institute will be charged with a € 50,00 no-show fee.
Omnia is the brand new dialogue centre of Wageningen University and Research.
Read more about this location and travel direction: https://www.wur.nl/en/location/Omnia-2.htm
Form more information about the SENSE Symposium, contact Lotte van Oosterhout: email@example.com.