The Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies of the University of Amsterdam, the alliance Eindhoven University of Technology, Wageningen University & Research, Utrecht University and University Medical Centre Utrecht and Utrecht University’s Bachelor’s programmes University College Utrecht and Liberal Arts and Sciences have joined forces to work on a dynamic, open-source toolbox for learning to shape societal transitions. In our universities there is a growing focus on preparing students to work on the multifaceted problems our world is facing. Collectively, we aim to support a large group of teachers in how to implement this in their teaching.
TRANSITION MAKERS WANTED
The Transition makers Toolbox will be a place for teachers to get informed or inspired, find ready-to-go learning activities and teaching materials, find the route to a tailored approach and ask for help with educational development related to shaping societal transitions. We are looking for teachers who’d like to join us in developing this interactive workspace for transition-focused education.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Help create new, and collect existing, high-quality transition-focused teaching materials, ranging from learning objectives to test forms;
- Be a part of a lively community of practice with educators from different disciplines across four universities, who bring different experiences, perspectives and knowledge;
- Be able to learn from and with each other: sharing ‘good practices’ and taking part in training courses;
- Build expertise in education that focuses on shaping societal transitions;
- Contribute to a cultural shift within higher education towards more education that is in direct connection with stakeholders in society;
- Receive 13 hours’ time compensation.
- 3 and 31 October 2022 (first group)
- 11 and 25 November 2022 (second group)
- February 2023 (third group)