Around the world, major challenges of our time such as population growth and climate change are being addressed in cities. Here, citizens play an important role amidst governments, companies, NGOs and researchers in creating social, technological and political innovations for achieving sustainability. This MOOC will teach you about the dynamics of co-creation and the key principles of citizens interacting with service providing companies, technology and infrastructure developers, policy makers and researchers. You will gain an understanding of major types of co-creation and their interdependency with their socio-technical and political contexts. You will become equipped to indicate how you can use co-creation to develop innovative technologies, policy arrangements or social practices for a sustainable city in your own community. You will demonstrate this by developing an action plan, research proposal or project idea.
What you’ll learn
- Different definitions, forms and typical examples of co-creation for developing sustainable urban water, energy and green systems.
- The potential of co-creation for developing sustainable cities.
- The interdependency between co-creation and its policy and socio-technical contexts.
- Comparison of different real-life cases of co-creation.
- To understand interdependencies between the real-life cases of co-creation and their policy and socio-technical contexts.
- How to formulate the potential of co-creation in your work or daily life.
Start dates of former occurrences of this course
7 Febr – 8 Aug 2023 | 4 Mar 2022 | 21 Febr 2022 | 27 Oct 2021 | 5 Oct 2021 | 3 June 2021 | 5 March 2019