Next edition: 8-9 May 2023
In this course, you will master the basics of R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course focuses on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data. Basic programming as well as visualization in R are also part of this course. The course consists of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and RStudio;
- Getting started;
- Data types and structures: from vectors to data frames;
- Reading and writing files;
- Data manipulation in R.
- R coding style for concise, clear and consistent code which are easier to read and edit;
- Standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, functions, …, to write basic program scripts;
- R base graphics for basic visualizations (bar plots, pie charts, scatter plots, …).
Former occurrences of this course
13-14 Febr 2023 | 25-26 April 2022 | 7-8 March 2022 | 31 May – 1 June 2021 | 8-9 Febr 2021