ESSA summer schools provide an introduction to agent-based modelling & simulation. Over the course of one week, participants learn about the research process, methods and tools. Learning formats include lectures, practical tutorials and participation in vivid discussions. Building on the experience of the ZUMA Social Simulation Workshops organised by Nigel Gilbert and Klaus G. Troitzsch (1999-2009), the ESSA summer schools continue to increase the understanding of agent-based simulations and aid in tackling researchers’ specific challenges. The summer schools invite postgraduate students, doctoral and post-doctoral researchers and professionals.
Former ESSA Summer Schools
- 30 August – 10 September 2021: ESSA-BEHAVE Online Summer School 2021 on “Agent-Based Modelling for Social Scientists”, http://behavelab.org/behave-summer-school/
- 1-24 June 2021: “Resilience of living systems – Making it happen! From fundamental concepts to interdisciplinary applications”, http://behavelab.org/behave-summer-school/https://www.pe-rc.nl/node/22275
- 31 August – 9 September 2020: Behave-ESSA Summer School 2020 on “Agent-Based modelling for social scientists” (online), http://behavelab.org/behave-summer-school/
- 22-26 June 2020: Joint ESSA / DeSIRE Summer School 2020 “Agent Based Modelling for Resilience – Making it happen!” (POSTPONED), https://www.wur.nl/en/activity/Joint-ESSA-DeSIRE-Summer-School-2020-Agent-Based-Modelling-for-Resilience-Making-it-happen.htm
- 17-21 June 2019: Tenth ESSA Summer School in Social Simulation 2019: Agent-Based Modelling of Human-Environment Interactions, https://www.hutton.ac.uk/events/european-social-simulation-association-summer-school-social-simulation-2019
- 21-25 September 2015: Sixth ESSA Summer School in Social Simulation 2015