Climate Change topics are becoming more and more relevant to various fields of science and related studies and get a strong multidisciplinary character: from Earth Sciences to Sustainability Studies, from Social Sciences to Economy including moral and ethical topics and related jurisdiction.
Most MSc courses have either a general or more specialized focus and offer a mixture of state-of-the-art knowledge, practical workshops, and discussion. However, training to deal with difficult situations related to the scientific topic or career path of the student are hardly practiced.
This course will help improve the student’s efficiency and effectiveness in dealing with controversial topics and difficult situations related to issues surrounding Climate Change.
Topics that will be covered…
- Climate Change: Natural versus Anthropogenic
- History of Climate Change
- Modelling the Future
- Societal Perspective and Governance
- Famines, Fires and Floods
- Heat Waves
- Ocean Acidification
…and dealt with by:
- The morning round: News and views in the daily press
- Classical lectures
- Discussions of talks and statements from selected videos
- Discussions of publications selected by participants
- Panel debate: Climate Change, what now?